Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:01:33 -0400
From:      "Gary Chrysler" <tcg@ime.net>
To:        "Peter Childs" <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Connecting to a Portmaster.

I already have a network cards in all my systems. I run several Intel
based servers.

They won't allow me to plug into the ether port do to the 56Kb line
and the fact that I could suck it all up.
Once they upgrade it to a T1 they said then that is a possibility, Not
untill. They did say that if I can safely plug into a 57600 SIO
port that that may be a option for now.

The way I understood it was that they cannot restrict my bandwidth
via the ether port, but since the SIO port is running at 57600 that
it would prevent me from taking over the bandwidth of the 56.

Whats up is: My ISP just moved thier local pop here into my
office (house). Of course my access is free + other bennies.. :)

I'm trying to get better connected.

Why do you say it would be a waste??
It's got to be better then dialup.

Thanks for your input.

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848