Date:      Sun, 05 Feb 2012 20:16:34 +0100
From:      Mathias Picker <Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de>
To:        miwi@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] Xorg Upgrade 7.5.2

Builds without problem on a=20
9.0-STABLE FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE #3: Thu Feb  2 17:42:09 CET 2012
mathiasp@mp.virtual-earth.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

running on an amd danube platform / acer 5553g.

I don't use 3d often, but blender and openarena seem to run fine.

This is with a deactivated hd5000 and used hd4200

Am Montag, den 06.02.2012, 01:45 +0000 schrieb Martin Wilke:
> Knock knock...
>=20
> The X11 Team is pleased to announce the next round of Xorg updates.
> Note that this is experimental so you really have to know what you are
> doing, read UPDATING in the repository, and follow our exact
> instructions. We are specifically looking for feedback from Intel, ATI
> and NVIDIA users.
>=20
> Summary of changes:
>=20
> xf86-video-nouveau has been removed along with the WITHOUT_NOUVEAU
> knob. We suggest switching to the nvidia blob.=20
>=20
> KMS Support [1]:
> Unfortunately, the intel KMS driver will only work for the latest
> FreeBSD 9-STABLE or 10-CURRENT users. The patch for HEAD current is
> named all.13.1.patch. The higher the version the newer the patch is.
> Other needed patches are already available in the Xorg update.
>=20
> HEAD Users:
> Get the latest patchset from Kib here:=20
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/drm/
>=20
> 9-STABLE Users:=20
> 'meowthink' is currently maintaining the backport to 9 STABLE.
> Make sure you have the latest FreeBSD 9-STABLE source.
> Get the patch from here:
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=3D0BxbPi2OX4_B-NWY3NWU3MzEtNDBjYy00NTljLT=
hlZGItMWFlYjIyYjI4Yjk3&hl=3Den_US
>=20
> Rebuild your Kernel and reboot.
>=20
> Known issuse:
> There will be a patch reject in the sys/dev/drm/i915_suspend.c file.
> The solution is to manually undo the expansion of the $FreeBSD: ....$
> tag, so it only saysis $FreeBSD$.
>=20
> Checkout Xorg Development Repo:
> You will need to install devel/subversion in order to checkout the xorg
> repo. Next, you will need to add WITH_NEW_XORG=3Dyes in
> your /etc/make.conf if you want to try out the new Xorg and mesa.
>=20
> Intel users: note that if you are not qualified for the KMS patch, you
> shouldn't use WITH_NEW_XORG=3Dyes because the old intel driver doesn't
> build with the new X server. If you are qualified, you should also set
> WITH_KMS=3Dyes in /etc/make.conf.=20
>=20
> svn co https://trillian.chruetertee.ch/svn/ports/tags/xorg_7_5_2
>=20
> A small merge script to merge the svn checkout into the real portstree
> can be found here:
>=20
> http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/xorg/xorgmerge
>=20
> The script is a modified version of the old kdemerge script. Please set
> the KDEDIR variable to the path of your X.org ports.
>=20
> After merging, run one of the following command, depending on which
> tool you use to manage your installed packages.
>=20
>     portupgrade -af \*
>     portmaster -a
>=20
> After installing these, you will have to rebuild all xf86-* ports. We
> will bump all related ports during the commit to the ports tree.
>=20
> Roadmap:
>=20
> Our current plan is to let the CFT running until the last weekend of
> February. We hope to get a lot feedback to solve as many problems as
> possible. So please help us to get the best xorg update ever in!
>=20
>=20
> Links:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU [1]
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Xorg
> http://miwi.bsdcrew.de/2012/02/working-on-xorg-stuff/
>=20
> Your FreeBSD Xorg Team
>=20
> PS: Please reply to the x11@ mailing list. Cross posted due to the
> potentially disruptive nature of the change and need to get a wide
> variety of testers.
>=20

--=20
Mathias Picker                       =20
Gesch=C3=A4ftsf=C3=BChrer
Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de

virtual earth Gesellschaft f=C3=BCr Wissens re/pr=C3=A4 sentation mbH
http://www.virtual-earth.de/           HRB126870
support@virtual-earth.de               Dietlindenstr. 15
0152 / 5617 8344                       80802 M=C3=BCnchen