Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 1997 15:44:20 +0200 (DFT)
From:      Hans van Reenen <H.vanReenen@UCI.KUN.NL>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   partition option for freebsd

Hello,

Yet, I am preparing to install FreeBSD on my computer.

The harddisk (ide) is partioned under DOS als follows;

	Partition	Status	Type		System

	c:1		A	primary dos	fat16
	  2			extended dos	fat16

So, partition #2 is an extented partion divided in 5 logical partitions.

	D: (win95)
	E: (nt4.0)
	F: (applications)
	G: (free)
	H: (data)

My question is: How can I choose (seen by DOS) logical partion G: to
install there FREEBSD ?

The FDISK partition editor on the FreeBSD bootflop shows me the following
scheme:

OFFSET	SIZE	END	NAME	PTYPE	DESC		SUBTYPE

0	63	62	-	6	unused		0
63	56385	56447	wd0s1	2	fat		4
56448	4943232	4999679	wd0s2	4	extended	5
4999680 10080	5009759	-	6	unused		0

I'am a novice user so it confused me a lot. In the above scheme I have
to decide where I install FreeBSD. Where can I find "dos" partition "G:" ?

Or is it not possible to install FreeBSD in any logical partition ?

Thanks in advance.

                     \\\|///
                    \\ ~ ~ //
                   (  @ @  )