Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:21:54 -0400
From:      "Douglas Berry" <bitnix@bitnix.ca>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: New version of portmaster in svn

Thanks for the new code!  Package updates for perl work fine here,
and no regressions found.

With respect to the --clean-* options, my earlier (a long time ago)
test with --clean-distfiles showed that valid distfiles would be
deleted if the corresponding port was not installed.  I'd like to
only delete them if they are no longer valid (similar to portsclean
-D).  I commonly rsync /usr/ports/distfiles to different build hosts,
thus saving multiple downloads from the 'net.  I can't test the
validity of this at the moment, is it still the case?  Would the
--clean-packages feature behave the same way?

cheers,
doug