Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 1995 04:02:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc:        joerg@sax.de, Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.mt.net>, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, install-geeks@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: MBONE interfaces and snazzy install tools.

> ed -> /dev/null

Hmmmm.  I was going to use that to edit /etc/sysconfig in-place without
having to worry about tmp files, but I suppose that I can go with sed.

> ncftp -> ftp

Nope, need that.

> sed, grep, expr, basename, ls, getop, cat, date -> perl script

Hmmmmm.

I don't know.  I'm just not convinced..  Perl, for the boot floppy?

I don't suppose I could convince you to do a boot floppy set (as proof
of concept) in parallel with the mainstream efforts? We could have a
bake-off at the end between the two - may the best installation floppy
set win! :-)

					Jordan