Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:12:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   StarOffice 4.0 and Printing

Greetings all!

I've been using StarOffice 4.0 for a while now.  Up until about two weeks ago,
it printed fine.  Now anytime I print (to a file or a printer), I get an error:

cat: /tmp/20338baa: No such file or directory

I'm thinking that when I was doing some house cleaning a while back, I deleted
a directory in /tmp that StarOffice uses to spool print files (this was the
case in StarOffice 3.1).

So if someone has printing working with StarOffice 4.0, could you let me know
if there is a directory in /tmp that might be the one I'm looking for?  And
what permissions and owner/group is /tmp set to?  These are the only two things
I can think of that might be causing it, since printing works everywhere else
(netscape, enscript from the command line, etc).

I've deleted and installed StarOffice twice now, hoping to fix it (both the
original 4.0 as well as SP3).  Neither helped.

Patrick

P.S.  I've also asked for help in the StarDivision newsgroup, but haven't heard
anything back...

P.S. I'm also eagerly awaiting ApplixWare for FreeBSD (Come on Febuary!) or
Applix to offer ApplixWare for Linux until the FreeBSD version becomes
availible.

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9