Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:15:22 +0000
From:      Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk
To:        btwo cfuor <c4_b2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: harware help

Hi,

GeForce 256 2D is supported on snapshots of XFree86 3.9.x and possibly
3.3.6 (I havent installed it yet).  I dont know about OpenGL support, but
that should come soon.  Nvidia - the GeForce chipset manufacturer - are
apparently working with Precision Insight on this.  Basically - it's not
FreeBSD that supports the GeForce, it's the Xfree86 project.

USB is supported but I've never used it.  I should do someday.  Wait for
other postings on this.

More info on possible GeForce 256 at:

http://www.xfree86.org

Check the current release (3.3.6) and the development (3.9.xx)

Hope this helps

Chris Smith
Raytheon Systems Limited