Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:04:58 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org, mexas@bristol.ac.uk
Subject:   Re: firefox3 from ports?

> Has anybody built firefox3 from ports on amd64?
> Any particular problems encountered?

I had to update my ports (all of them) to the absolute latest
or it would complain about old versiosn, but no problems
*building* it...

...running it, however, is another matter. I get chunks of
the screen where it takes part of the bitmap from my desktop
and duplicates it across the space (borders of web pafges
particularly). also printing seems to juust scale the bitmap
fonts so the printout can actually be illegible.

I also tried with a precompiled package a few days ago,
but the same issues arose. So I've gone back to firefox2
which actually works.

-pete.