Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:11:51 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Jos Chrispijn <jos@webrz.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Rsync | Push script

Jos Chrispijn <jos@webrz.net> wrote:

> Just having made a backup script that should take care of nocturnal
> backup of my mySQL data from one server to my backup server.
>
> cd /backup
> DATE=`date "+%d%m%y"`
> DIR=backup.$DATE
>
> /letc/rc.d/mysql-server stop
> rsync -avpog /var/db/mysql    //root@10.10.10.50:123/usr/backup/$DATE/
> /letc/rc.d/mysql-server start
>
> It goes wrong when I run the rsync line; I run my backup thru port 123
> (can be any portnumber).
> 10.10.10.50 is backup server on which I want to logon as root; during
> script run I will fill out root password myself.
>
> Can someone hint me in the right direction? rsync deamon is running.

Based on your description, I have no idea what your actual problem is.
I mean, you're basically saying, "it doesn't work."  Which doesn't give
folks any way to help you, really.

What error message do you see?  What's in the logs?  You're running the
rsync client with -v, which should be pretty verbose, have you tried
running the rsync server with the logging amped up?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com