Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:07:10 -0500
From:      "FreeBSD" <freebsd@datalinkwireless.com>
To:        <FREEBSD-NEWBIES@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Newbie with a Kernel Question

Hi all.  I am a newbie (as you can tell) and I am trying to get something
done for work.  We are a wireless ISP and are trying to set-up a bandwidth
limiting box.  At first we tried using Emerging Technologies's bandwidth
managing program but it hasn't been very good for a newbie like me.  So I am
looking into using IPFW to do the limiting.  Now I am trying to setup the
box to be a firewall and I want to do it statically.  Now I was wondering if
there is a tutoral or HOWTO online that can help me with the kernel
configuration to make it static, since I don't feel like having to start the
firewall everytime the box is restarted.  Any help would be much appreciated
and thanks in advance.

Kevin Aug
-Web Designer
http://www.datalinkny.com