Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 14:21:05 -0600
From:      dunhamal@cuug.ab.ca (Alan Dunham 284-9866)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD install question re IDE/SCSI

  Hi all:

	I am trying to install FreeBSD 2.0 onto a pci machine.  It has one
   IDE drive and one SCSI drive.  I cannot use the IDE drive for FreeBSD as
   it is not my machine.  I have two symptoms which I assume are related:

     (1) Disklabel (via sysinstall) loses the mount points when I Reread.
     (2) When BootEasy transfers me to the second disk, the kernel is not
         found on sd(0,a).  If I enter sd(1,a) the kernel is found & starts
         booting but then cannot mount root.

   I have tried faking the geometry but that did not help.  I have made sure
   my root partition is < 1024 cylinders.

   Any suggestions would be appreciated.
   Alan Dunham  (dunhamal@cuug.ab.ca)