Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:24:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPoE offer.

>>>>> "Julian" == Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com> writes:

Julian> (the other end was a 486DX50 :-) with enough RAM we could
Julian> probably serve 10K sessions, though that would require 10K ppp
Julian> daemons until we got the kernel bypass working.  in either
Julian> case it would presently leave a HUGE ifconfig -a output as
Julian> there would be 10000 intefeaces, each representing a channel
Julian> to a client.  It migh tbe worth wondering if we need to
Julian> abstract a 'class of PVCs' type device that feeds to some othe
Julian> rway of splitting them.  (we can do this with netgraph pretty
Julian> easily.)  (is it worth doing?)

I'd be willing to fund that experiment.  It's possible we should meet
either virtually or in person.

Dave.