Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:22:57 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unix-haters

> I recommend _The Unix Haters Handbook_ (IDG Books 1994, ISBN
> 1-56884-203-1) by Garfinkel et al. to even the most ardent Unix
> aficionados.  It's a great read, and filled with humor.  But it also has

Actually, I found it both dull and rather lacking in the humor
department. :-) It made a few good points, but elsewhere it seemed to
be _trying_ so damn hard to come up with legitimate grievances that
the whole attempt just sort of fell flat for me.  I expect my pointed
satires to be done with a little more wit and finesse' before I'll
award them good marks and Mark Twain this guy isn't. :-)

					Jordan