Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:39:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Flowers <jflowers@peony.ezo.net>
To:        Theo PAGTZIS <T.Pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc:        Eric Kozowski <eric@svjava.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fbsd box acting as a wavelan BS

Last I checked the wi driver will not do IBSS and says so in the
documentation.  I also tried it and couldn't get anywhere.  Would be nice.

Even better would be to use the algos in their office router stuff.  We're
looking at that now.

We currently use a fbsd box to connect the Internet to a WavePointII on
one frequency and then on a second frequency we connect multipoint users
with fbsd boxes.

Works very well although the WavePointII has to be monitored
continuously.  Bandwidth varies from 600 kbps to about 3000 kbps.

Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
#4 ranked ISP on C|NET #1 in Ohio