Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:42:33 +0200
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   fsck wrappers

I've ported the NetBSD fsck wrapper to compile and run under FreeBSD.
Its probably still very rough, but I'm going to spend the next few
days tidying it up. I have also modified our fsck (and renamed it
fsck_ffs) to fit this new framework.

The source tarball can be found at:

http://www.freebsd.org/~adrian/fsck.tar.gz

A couple of notes:

* the rest of the system treats ffs filesystems as "ufs". Besides the
  fact that I dislike this, I decided against the NetBSD way of

  if (strcmp(vfstype, "ufs")) fstype = "ffs";

  and have left people to symlink or hardlink fsck_ufs to fsck_ffs.

* I've left the CVS directories intact so people can generate their
  own cvs diff's against the original sources. Appropriate CVSROOT
  frobbing will be needed.

Constructive comments are welcome.

Adrian