Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:36:28 +1100
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        Ian Hallenius <oreo154@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PLEASE HELP ME!

Ian Hallenius wrote:

> No /usr filesystem found
> No /var filesystem found
>
> Then it kicks me out of the program.
> I suspect it is beasue my hard drive is only 162 megabytes, and I WILL NOT
> upgrade to a new one, OK?

Hmmm... I suspect that the HDD is well past its "use-by" date, and after
you load up any of the 'other' o/s's around, you are going to encounter
similar problems (e.g. "No Operating System found" or whatever).

I am at a loss to understand why you are so adamant that you "WILL NOT
upgrade to a new" hard-disk. Sure, a multi-Gig drive in a 486/33 might
seem a waste, but with *BSD loaded on it, it can perform all sorts of
useful things (especially if you give it a little elbow-room with
extra-RAM).

Just my 2c,

|-|