Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 09:41:21 -0400
From:      Stephen A Derdau <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Please HELP !!! upgrade 3.1 now problems

ever since I upgraded to :
uname -a
3.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE #3: Tue May 11 06:48:00 EDT 1999

I'm having problems with make and build etc.
I get error messages trying to run pine
can'
 pine
ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libpico.so.1.3"
 I tried to rebuild pine I get
op.

1.      Making Pine.
        make CC=shlicc -f makefile.bs2
        shlicc   -g -DDEBUG    -DBSDI -DSYSTYPE=\"BSI\" -DMOUSE
-c              addrbook.c
        shlicc: not found
        *** Error code 127

        Stop.

        Links to executables are in bin directory:
        /usr/libexec/elf/size: bin/pine: No such file or directory
        /usr/libexec/elf/size: bin/mtest: No such file or directory
        /usr/libexec/elf/size: bin/imapd: No such file or directory
        /usr/libexec/elf/size: bin/pico: No such file or directory
        /usr/libexec/elf/size: bin/pilot: No such file or directory
        Done

2.              try to mkmf and get this:
        make install
        ===> src
        install -c -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   mkmf
        usage: install [-CcDps] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode]
[-o             owner]
file1 file2
       install [-CcDps] [-f flags] [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner]
file1 ...
             fileN directory
       install -d [-g group] [-m mode] [-o owner] directory ...
*** Error code 64

Stop.
*** Error code 1

        I did the a.aout to elf upgrade in /usr/src/
        make upgrade
        When it was done it said the a.out etc will be replaced
with            elf
        after I rebooted.

However, I think I may of missed something and I'm hoping someone
else may of had similar problems and can tell me what I need
to do to fix it.
I would like to be able to run make install on ports etc.
O yeah here is the error message I get tryign to make a port :

3.      make install
        "/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2: Could not find
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk
        make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
# pwd
/var/ports/mail/pine4

Anyways any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated !!

Thank you :-)