Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:14:37 +0200
From:      Joan Picanyol <lists-freebsd-questions@biaix.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   login.conf and accents weirdness

[please honour Mail-Followup-To:, not subscribed]

Hi,

I can't see accents in mutt's internal pager (even though I can see
them in vim). I've read iconv(), terminfo() and the Internalization
section in the Handbook among others, but I'm out of ideas.

I've tried setting LANG=ca_ES.ISO-8859-15 (although PR misc/45874 [1] hasn't
been MFC'ed yet) and LC_CTYPE=ISO-8859-15. I have my consoles as
'cons25l1' in /etc/ttys, and these in login.conf:

:lang=es_ES.ISO-8859-15:\
:charset=ISO-8859-15:\

But it doesn't work. Now for the weirdness: if I put

:tc=default:\

under the default entry (and thus causing lots of "login_getclass: 'tc='
reference loop 'default'" messages and having cap_mkdb refusing to build
it), I can see accents in the mutt pager!!!

So, what should I do to see accents?

[1] http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=misc/45874

tks
--