Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 2009 18:18:01 +0200
From:      Angelo Turetta <aturetta@commit.it>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Do you use a value other than AUTO for network_interfaces?

Doug Barton wrote:
> If you use a value of network_interfaces other than AUTO please speak
> up so that we can make an intelligent decision about this issue.

Maybe I am wrong, setting network_interfaces is the way I found I had to
use to be able to rename cloned interfaces.

eg:

network_interfaces="lo0 em0 dmz"
ifconfig_em0="up"
cloned_interfaces="vlan0"

ifconfig_vlan0_name="dmz"
ifconfig_dmz="192.168.34.129/24 vlan 2 vlandev em0"

I seem to remember I had to put that 'dmz' in network_interfaces, to
make everything happy at boot. I can do more tests if needed.

Ciao,
Angelo.