Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:49:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Proposed code merge, objections?

> So to put things differently, what is the policy to move features
> from -current to -stable ? Unfortunately we don't have a port
> category for kernel enhancements, maybe we should add one.

After they've been well-tested, both in -current and in the
committer's private 2.2 sources, they can go across just so long as
they do not also constitute a signficant risk to functionality in
other areas of the system.  In the specific case of audio support,
this means that it can migrate across no problem just so long as you
don't break anything else in the 2.2 kernel in the process. :)

					Jordan