Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:21:36 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Manuela.Dias@portucel.pt
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Fwd: error rebuilding kernel]

Manuela Dias wrote:

> When I install FreeBSD I don't have audio drivers for SoundBlaster card, so after installation I tried to rebuild the kernel. I followed the procedure of chaper 16 in the complete FreeBSD book. I made a copy of GENERIC file and I add lines concerning audio devices like they are in LINT file:
>  Device sb0 at isa? Port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
>  Device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
>  Device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330

You need to enable (un-comment) the ``controller snd0'' line in the
config file as well.

> After the command make, I obtain the following message:
> Ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_sbdriver' referenced from data segment
> Ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_sbintr' referenced from data segment
> Ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_sbxvidriver' referenced from data segment
> Ioconf.o: Undefined symbol '_sbmididriver' referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Could you tell me what am I doing wrong?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Manuela Dias
>
> Please replay to email address Manuela.Dias@portucel.pt

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com