Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:44:24 +0100
From:      "Rogier Steehouder" <r.j.steehouder@student.utwente.nl>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 won't start: KDENABIO failed

Hello all,

A search revealed a thread on this about a week ago, but no definite answer
was given. Has anyone found a solution yet?

After installing FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE, including the XFree86 distribution, I
tried configuring it with XF86Setup. It failed to start (some vague message
appears). Trying to start X manually reveals (as root as well as user):

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: KDENABIO failed (Operation not permitted)

My video card is a ASUS V3800, but X doesn't know that yet (at least I
haven't told him).

Any other information is available on request.

with kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

-O_\ Rogier Steehouder                                 //
/ \  http://home.student.utwente.nl/r.j.steehouder/  //  \