Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:43:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        "Alexander, Robert" <Robert.Alexander@i-bridge.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question about things that quit working (or work differently between 4.0 and 4.1.1)

I've got both 4.1 and 4.1.1 installed.  I luckily noticed none of those
things.  There are differences between 4.1.1 and 4.1, but what you're
talking about is an XFree86 isssue, not really a freebsd issue.  So it's
either you did something a little different when installing each one (typo
putting in scan rates or something) or there you have different versions
of Xfree on each install.  Diff versions could act slightly differently.
	I have that exact same chipset in my video card and I have no
problems if I stick to 800x600 and 16bit color.  It is interseting that
the console moused messes up too.  Mine is fine for both.

						Tim