Date:      Sun, 2 May 1999 23:45:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Dick Dunnebier <dbrbrdlq@euronet.nl>
To:        Free BSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   installation Free BSD

L.S.

I have bought from Walnut Creek CDROM Free BSD 3.1 and the Complete Free BSD
book,sec.ed. because it seems to me a fantastic operating system and not so
fashonable as linux.
I want to install Free BSD on my computer,but I am afraid that I get perhaps
some problems.
I have a Pentium 166 machine with:
-IDE HD C disk with Windows98 (3.1 GB)
-IDE HD D disk with linux
-SCSI2 HD E disk with Windows NT 4.0
-SCSI2 HD F disk with Windows NT 4.0
I want to install Free BSD in my G en H disks
The SCSI2 disk has a size of 9 GB and has been partitioned under MS DOS
into 4 parts of 2 GB (E,F,G,H).
The choise after to start the computer take place through Lilo boot in the boot-
sector of the C disk.
My problem is when I install Free BSD directly from the CD by insert or through
MS DOS that Free BSD overruled both the Windows and linux so that I can't
start them all.
Perhaps there is a safe installation procedure.
Please answer me as soon as possible.

                               Dick Dunnebier.