Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 12:56:28 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
Cc:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RE: Why are people against GNU? WAS Re: 5.0 already?

In fact this kind of head-in-the-sand misinformation about the GPL,
which is so common in the BSD world, is why I didn't want to get into
the argument again.  This is not the only kind of misinformation:
people also keep alleging that the GPL forces you to give your program
to anyone who asks for it, and so on. Nobody who's read the GPL can
believe such things, and it's not worth arguing with people who haven't.

The "is RMS a communist" argument was much more interesting :)

R.