Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:20:50 +0100 (CET)
From:      dentoir <edtx@xs4all.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD fails to detect my 2nd IDE controller.

When trying to install FreeBSD 3.1, I boot it from the CD-ROM itself and
the default addresses for both my first and my second (0x170 irq 15) IDE
controller are correct. When I continue, the kernel gives me the following
message: wdc1 not found at 0x170 ... I'm sure this is the correct
address. Did anybody have similar problems or does anybody know what
might cause this? Maybe it's something in the BIOS?

-- dentoir