Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:59:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFR: bridge locking

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Lars Eggert wrote:

> I think you mentioned in the past that NetBSD (OpenBSD?) has bridge code
> that implements the pseudo-device approach?

I had an older set of patches (4.x?) that implemented a bridgeX interface
that saw all of the packets bridged by the bridge.  However, it was just a
pseudo-interface for the purposes of BPF -- it didn't carry a link local
address, etc.  I never tested for interop with IPv6.  You can find a very
old version of this at www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/bridge.patch.  It
required some cleanup of the interactions between the bridge code and IPFW
code that have probably since happened in the main tree as well, so the
chances of this applying or working are effectively 0. :-)

robert@fledge.watson.org      Network Associates Laboratories