Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:41:53 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "Andre Oppermann" <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RFC: TSO patch for current

On 9/2/06, Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I can't comment on the em part but the tcp_output.c stuff looks
> very much like a straight port from NetBSD.  If we take code from
> the other BSDs we have to remark this in the emails we send with
> patches and the commit message (otherwise we get accused of 'stealing
> without attribution').

I dont know that I'd call it a straight port, rather I was working from some
prototype code that Prafulla had working back on 4.7, but I think at that
time that he may have patterned it after NetBSD. I certainly don't claim
any grand originality here, we stop the tcp stack from segmenting so the
hardware can do it :), but I have no problem attributing the NetBSD crew.

Cheers,

Jack