Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:52:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      hawkeyd@visi.com (D J Hawkey Jr)
To:        Manuel.Hendel@easygolucky.de, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking for XFree86 4.2

In article <20020205142508.GK88299_he0.easygolucky.de@ns.sol.net>,
	Manuel.Hendel@easygolucky.de writes:
> I'm looking for XFree86 4.2, I've already seen it and installed it
> some time ago. Now I would need it for a new machine, because of a ATI
> RADEON 7200 Videocard. The drivers therefore are in XFree86 4.2. Is
> there a way to get XFree86 4.2?

I downloaded it from xfree86.org yesterday (some eight-to-twelve tarballs)
and installed it today on FBSD 4.5-REL, using their script. It installed
clean, but I did cheat on config'ing the thing - I copied my XF86-4.0.2
/etc/X11/XF86Config from another machine to this one.

With those in place, and installing that Xwrapper thingie from the ports
collection, I was up and running as an unprivileged user faster than I've
ever installed X before, on any platform.

> Thanks for any help,
>     Manuel

Hope this helps,
Dave