Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 08:53:46 +1000 (EST)
From:      Steven Harris <steve@freebsdrocks.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Steven Harris <steve@freebsdrocks.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help needed with PCMCIA 3CCFEM556B card

Hi,

Thanks - I removed a few lines in /etc/rc.pccard and the driver only loads
once now.  However, I am still having a few problems.  This is the
relevant section of my /etc/pccard.comf:

card "3Com" "Megahertz 3CCFEM556BI"
    config 0x1 "sio2" 10
    insert echo ....
    remove echo ....

1. When pccardd is run, it initialises and says "sio2: type 8250" but if I do
a "cu -l /dev/cuaa2" it hangs my system completely.

2. When it initialises the PC-Card drivers (see below) there is no mention at
all of the network driver.  Do I need to compile on the zp0 driver into the
kernel and add the CONFIGURATION_LINT option so as to allow it ?

3. Should i be using IRQ 3 for the sio port - should I set it to sio1 instead
of sio2, since sio1 doesnt exist on this system either?

Thanks for all of your help - I appreciate it greatly.

I will write a guide and put it up on FreeBSDRocks once everything is working,
so that It may help other people in the same situation!

Steve