Date:      Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:53:36 -0700
From:      Richard Loken <richardlo@admin.athabascau.ca>
To:        Matt Turner <mattst88@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for Alpha-interested users and developers

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Matt Turner wrote:

> What I do know is that there is still Alpha hardware in use. Alpha
> fans are still working in places to fix bugs and bring new software to
> the platform.

I have lots of Alpha hardware here but no Linux and no OpenBSD and it is
all old:

    Alphaserver 4100 running OpenVMS 7.1 (my workstation)
    Whitebox DEC PC164 running FreeBSD 5.something (semi-retired)
    Whitebox DEC PC164
    Whitebox UP2000 with a Samsung(?) motherboard
    DEC AXP150 running Tru64 Unix 4.0F

At work I have:

    2 Compaq Alphaserver DS20 running Tru64 Unix 5.1
    Compaq Alphaserver DS25 running Tru64 Unix 5.1
    Compaq Alphaserver ES45 running Tru64 Unix 5.0

All of these will remain in service for another one to three years and then
I can take them all and create a lovely OpenVMS cluster.

I have documentation and firmware for all the above which I would be like
to make available to anybody who might find a use for it.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
   Athabasca University                            :  but you have to earn