Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:23:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Darren Henderson <darren@nighttide.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP-UX NFS client

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Darren Henderson wrote:

> synopsis: freebsd NFS server, HP-UX NFS client. Client succeeds if it uses
> automount to mount the volumes but fails if a manual mount is used despite
> options.
>
> question: anyone have experience in a similar enviroment that can point me
> toward a solution?

Replying to my own post for the archive.

It turned out that for whatever reason rpcinfo was not reporting out nfs.
I suspect I probably caused rpcbind to restart at some point without
restarting nfsd.

After rebooting the box rpcinfo did report out.

The reason the automount on the client machine worked was that it didn't
care about rpc issue. It just assumed the port was there and used it.