Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:52:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        met@uberstats.com (MET)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie Mail

> ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C237EA.077B47F0
>
> I logged into my machine just now and it says, "You have New Mail".
>
> How do I check it ?  (could I be more pathetic)

type   mail   (maybe  /usr/bin/mail  if you have no decent path)

and then use 'd' for delete 'p' to look at a message  and 'q' to quit
and '?' to see what other internal commands mail has.

Later you can install mutt or elm  or pine or any of the 7 million other
mail readers and use them for a nicer way of reading and sending mail.
////jerry