Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:35:39 +0200
From:      Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some PRs

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 04:07:24PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 03:33:30PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > > What in the world is this patch (ie, /dev/full) for??
> > > I just don't see the point in /dev/full.  Could you please give some good
> > > examples of its use?
> >
> > I think it's useful for compatibility.
>
> Whilst I'm grateful that you've taken time to submit a patch, you still
> haven't really explained which applications require this device to exist
> and be supported.

I only could find 'bsdgames' (to be found at
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/games/). The test suite for battlestar
assumes /dev/full existance. However, as for each Linuxism around, people
tend to reproduce it, so there might be others.

(yes, it know it's ironical that bsdgames doesn't work on FreeBSD, but let's
skip that ;)

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)