Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:38:06 +0200
From:      "depraved" <kzvy@uswest.net>
To:        <amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   htmlForbes reports that a previously divided Japanese government panel has recommended lifting the ban on therapeutic cloning in that country.

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C7801B.B3682E10

They're under tremendous pressure.
com reports that Louisiana state senate politicians have reversed =
earlier indications to pass pass a bill that bans research involving =
therapeutic cloning. Set mutations in certain of those genes can spur =
the out-of-control cell growth of cancer.
Cataracts and liver spots don't bring moral enlightenment or spiritual =
transcendence.
The only good that politicians can do in this matter is to stand aside =
and allow medical research to proceed unmolested.
So think if through if you haven't already done so. Still, I think that =
we can take some items in the report as evidence that Aubrey de Grey is =
making progress in changing the minds of the biogerontological =
community. Scientists - including this team from Brazil - are currently =
using adult stem cells to grow new teeth for rats and pigs.
Resveratrol is probably going to be good for your health, but will not =
radically extend your maximum life span. In the normal course of events, =
shortening telomeres act as timers for cell life span, ensuring that old =
cells are replaced in a timely fashion.
It should be full steam ahead. htmScienceDaily reports on progress in =
tooth regeneration.
" This is a large project, looking at nearly 5000 long-lived siblings in =
an attempt to further pin down genetic and lifestyle causes of healthy =
longevity.
I expect that it will take a few years to run the same or similar =
studies in mice.
" shirts to new donors to the prize fund. So make sure you have your say =
in the matter!
Of course, the latter two are real, now. Still, I think that we can take =
some items in the report as evidence that Aubrey de Grey is making =
progress in changing the minds of the biogerontological community. This =
small set of genes is a clear target for new research, as well as for =
the next generation of cancer diagnostics, prevention, and therapies.
That is what we are about.
------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C7801B.B3682E10--