Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:03:50 GMT
From:      bart.lateur@skynet.be (Bart Lateur)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp problem.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:36:24 +0200 (CEST), Marco van de Voort wrote:

>one can ping two and vice versa, but when I try to FTP, I can login, and
>start the transfer, but both machine "hang" after a few blocks transfered.
>This also goes the other way around.

Is there a mixture of fast and slow internet cards? If so, I've recently
read something about this in the FAQ on FreeBSD's website (section on
NFS). It could be that the faster machine is sending each block of data
faster than the receiver can process, which will cause data corruption,
and they keep sending them over and over again, but each time failing
for the same reason... That's how I remember it. Could it be something
similar?

--
	Bart.