Date:      Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:42:47 -0000
From:      "Dave" <dave@g8kbv.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Security? [Re: Why is this Symbol in the front of your website. A humble request.]

On 24 Feb 2012 at 17:28, Erich Dollansky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Friday 24 February 2012 17:10:21 Dave wrote:
> > Can I please request, you all check your mail client "reply to"
> > settings.
>
> I think, some - like me too - reply here always to all.
> >
> > Many of the "replies" to this thread, have also been sent to the 388
> > (was it) addresses in the original To: field, as well as the list.
>
> Wasn't it 389?

	:-)

> > Might the list settings need tweaking a bit?
> >
> > Also, just where did he originaly harvest all those addresses from,
> > are they publicly available, or is there a gaping hole in some
> > server somewhere.
>
> Just collect all addresses from the list ending with freebsd.org?
>
> Erich

Indeed, so some settings might do with a tweak, to at least obfuscate
posters addresses, so that at least script kiddies are flumoxed.

I never intentionaly use any "Reply to All" function.  In fact, this
mailer doesn't even have a button for that.  You have to select where the
reply goes, after you hit the "reply" button, from a list of available
addresses in the incoming message header, that the mailer has recognised.

Just a thought as this problem is not going to go away.

Dave B.

PS:
How about a "regional Beastie" wearing a headscarf and carring an assault
rifle instead of a trident?

That's me targeted then....