Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:45:44 -0500
From:      "Matthew X. Economou" <xenophon@irtnog.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: tcpdump, rl, sis, fxp and multicast problems

> not very important but wouldn't it be better to set the checksum
> to 0 instead of some arbitrary (?) and confusing value then ?

No, as not setting the checksum is a (minor) optimization.  Setting that
field to any arbitrary constant means at least one completely
unnecessary CPU instruction per datagram.

Best wishes,
Matthew=20

--=20
"Rogues are very keen in their profession, and know already much more
than we can teach them respecting their several kinds of roguery."
  - A. C. Hobbs in _Locks and Safes_ (1853)