Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 19:59:47 +0200
From:      Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Backup of FreeBSD ..

Hello Danny,

> And also with the NFS idea + try something called Netmax file server which can
> also help you perform backups and even automatically.

> But, I really like the idea of using dump and 2 HD's. But someone already typed
> that in one of the response.

Beeing quite paranoid, I would not recommend to it this way. It might
seem to be the most convenient solution but it has two minor
disadvantages: you may lose your config if there's fire or even
worse, if someone cracks your system. Offsystem or even offsite
storage MAY prevent you then from much reconfiguring!

Best regards,
 Gabriel