Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:50:51 -0700
From:      Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        yangjihui@yahoo.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: could sleep with "inp" locked

  > I get this message everytime I login to the -current machine using ssh
  > over ipv6.  I don't see it if I use ipv4.

  > ../../../vm/uma_core.c:1327: could sleep with "inp" locked from
  >    ../../../netinet/tcp_usrreq.c:536

That's a tough one to fix without re-arranging the way the KAME IPv6 code
does allocations.  I heard we're about to get a new update of our IPv6
code, so I don't want to move code around in the current IPv6 to lock it
up.  I see you really are using IPv6, otherwise you could can turn off
INET6 in your config file as I've done in mine.  A few days ago, things
were really bad due to a vm/mbuf allocator interaction which has since
been fixed, because each mbuf allocation would cause one of these could
sleep warnings to get printed, so we used to get them from all over the
stack.  Now, this INET6 case is the only one left that I know of.  But
I'm quite happy that, aside from this could sleep warning, IPv6 is working
for you.  Please let me know of any other suspicious looking network
warning messages you see.

							Jeffrey