Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:48:49 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Toshiba 5100-603 - any problems ?

Toshiba 5100-603 laptop: Any Warnings or hints in advance before I
install one Sunday 18th or after, (when I will be on the road, no
alternate FreeBSD box to read manuals or access net with etc)

Are there any complete show stoppers I'll hit, or magic needed ?
(example an AST laptop I have refuses to even boot without
        hw.pcic.intr_path="1"
        hw.pcic.irq="0"
Probably I'll install 5.2.1 but 5.1 or 4.10 or 4.9 if problems, 'till return.

I'll be installing X11 too, I believe it's a
NVideo GeForce4 440 Go Graphics, any problems there ?

I expect I'll have the normal disgusting Toshiba mess: can only
access BIOS via M$: This box has no internal floppy, just an external
USB flop, I believe, so more agro there I guess. I might have to,
for the first time in my life, just squeeze the M$ down to a few
Gig, & leave minimal M$ excrement in place, at least initially,
despite normal desire to zap M$ completely off any drive I lay hands on ?

-
Julian Stacey.  Unix C & Net Services Consultant, Munich.  http://berklix.com
                Mail Ascii plain text.  Html dumped as Spam.
        Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.  Nimm Schnupftabak !