Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 11:15:01 +0100
From:      Mark Blackman <tmb@sophos.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>, Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Punctuation conventions (was: cvs commit: src/games/fortune/datfiles fortunes)

I've not done any text analysis of e-mails to discern empirical
usage patterns, however a quick poll of five of my British colleagues
(I'm a "colonial") suggests that in Britain, two spaces is
the rule taught in English and typing classes.

I wouldn't be surprised to discover that a number of people
writing e-mails these days a) completely ignore their teachers
or b) never took any classes.

--
Mark Blackman,Internet Systems Administrator,Sophos Anti-Virus
e-mail: tmb@sophos.com		         http://www.sophos.com