Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2017 19:51:33 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "manash pal" <ctron580@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to install " Epson L 380 Printer " and " Hp Deskjet 1515 in Free BSD ?

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 22:41:59 +0530, manash pal wrote:
> kindly let me know the steps regarding installing of these two printers in
> my system ... I googled the matter , but did not find any suitable
> demonstration .......

Install CUPS first, then go to "localhost:631" with a web browser.
Use the "find new printers" function to have CUPS detect the printer
and load the required driver automatically. You can supply a PPD
if you have one. It might be needed to install "hplip" or "hpijs"
or "hpcups" with pkg in addition to CUPS.

Additional information:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/cups/

It's really easy as long as your printer supports standards.

You can verify supported device (by hplip) on this page:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/index.html

I see a "HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515" All-in-one Printer" is
supported, but I only find the "HP Deskjet F380", no "L380" model
in the lists; maybe that one is compatible to something else, or
works with the "foo2zjs" driver package ("Splix")?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany