Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:08:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gurudatt Shenoy <gurudatt@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Repeated reboots.

Hi all,
Some time back I had posted this problem I had when I added some stuff to
the kernel. I suppose I had not been specific enough (I never got any
solution to my problem). Here's a better description. Hope one of you
knows what's happening: this thing has been a kinda show-stopper for my
work:

I added 2  microtime() calls to the kernel:
One in /sys/net in the file if_ethersubr.c in the function ether_output.
<It was the first line after the local variable definitions)
Another in /sys/kern in uipc_syscalls.c in the function sendto.

I then compiled the kernel successfully. But upon reboot, this is what
happens:

	:
	: <probing for devices etc>
	:
Additional routing options: routed
clntudp_create: out of memory
clntudp_create: out of memory
(null)

Fatal Trap 12: PAge fault while in kernel mode.
	:
	:
	:
panic: page fault
syncing disks...
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds...

*ANY* help will be very much appreciated. I commented out the two
microtime calls I made and I had no problems compiling and running the new
kernel.

Thanks in advance,
Guru