Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:40:55 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Michael E Mercer <mmercer@nc.rr.com>
Cc:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@freebsd.org.ua>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: COMPILING NOW: Re: unable to compile 1.4 on 4.7-STABLE...

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 07:51:18AM -0500, Michael E Mercer wrote:
> Hello peoples,
>
> I logged in as root and ran the build commands.
> I noticed as root,
> 1) no syntax error reported.
> 2) linux-sun-1.4.1 works
> 3) currently compiling, will report on success or failure...

There are some notes either in the archives or in PRs that deal with this
about how one can work around having to be root.  It involves recompiling
your kernel though :(.

> Also note, the BUILD file with the patches states gcc32 is required for 4.7-STABLE, which
> is why I was asking about it earlier.

Argh!  I thought I took that out.  My bad.  I'm changing that file to avoid
confusing other people.  Thanks for the report.

> The patch for XFree86-libraries, in order to get it to work inside the ports make structure,
> I had to remove the "xc/" from the --- and +++ lines in the file patch-imLcPrs.c.
> I then placed it in the files directory of XFree86-4-libraries and it was picked up.

Alexey, is the patch something we can submit to the maintainer of
XFree86-4-libraries for inclusion?

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org