Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:56:55 +1000
From:      Brett Wiggins <s0x7c0@netspace.net.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   iwi device not working

Hi,

I have recently built a new kernel to get my intel 2200 wireless adapter
working and am still  having some problems. I put the following in my
kernel config file;

device   iwi
device   pci
device   wlan
device   firmware

I compiled and installed the new kernel successfully. I also pplaced the
following in my /boot/loader.conf file;

legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1
iwi_base_load="YES"
iwi_ibss_load="YES"
iwi_monitor_load="YES"

but when I try the following;

dhclient iwi0

i get;

iwi0: no link........................... giving up

also when I try

ifconfig iwi0 up scan

the system just hangs. I have had a look at /var/log/messages and found
the following lines:

module_register_init : MOD_LOAD (iwi_bss_fw, 0xc45f25a0, 0) error 1
kernel: firmware_get : failed to load firmware image iwi_base
kernel : iwi0 : could not load firmware

I have no idea what any of this means, but it may have been before I added the entried to /boot/loader.conf

Thanks for any help,

Brett.