Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 1995 16:47:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@eng.umd.edu>
To:        Emmanuel Cofie <cofie@pluto.ee.cua.edu>
Cc:        cofie@pluto.ee.cua.edu, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

On Mon, 18 Sep 1995, Emmanuel Cofie wrote:

>  I installed FreeBSD on a PC, followed the installation instructions, but cannot
>  get my mouse to work. When I execute "xinit" I get the error
>  message " too many levels of symbolic links".
>  I also wanted to know I could mount my floppy drives (1.2M and 1.44Mb) on the
>  unix oprtsing system.  Finally it is possibly to mount the DOS section
>  od the Hard on the unix system. ? If so what is the procedure involved?
> thanks

Ahhh.  I seem to get this response a whole lot ... I wonder if I'm
framing things right?  When I said to post it again, I didn't mean to me,
I meant to the entire group.  I could most likely fix this for you my
having you check a lot of stuff for me, but somewhere amongst the large
group of listeners to -questions, there is most likely someone who has
had the exact same problem, and can tell you exactly what you did wrong,
and get you on the road again.

Tell you what, to save you some time here, why don't you report this to
questions, and I'll see it, but so will everyone else.  As a first hint
from me, why don't you do a 'which xinit', then do an ls -l on whatever
file 'which' reports, and include both of those in your post?  It'd be the
first thing I'd ask you to do, so you won't lose any time that way.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |