Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:38:38 -0500
From:      "Bill Olson" <bill@suscom-maine.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compaq with 80GIG

Hi,

I have an 80GIG Samsung Hard Drive and to use the drive in my Compaq, I have
to use overlay software to recognize the 80 gig in there. Without the
overlay software, It only recognizes 32GIG.

I am trying to install Freebsd (Latest downloadable off your web site) and
am running into an error when running the FDISK command. What I do is Turn
the PC on, it loads the Overlay software, and then it asks for the disk and
I put it in. When getting to the FDISK commands, thats when I get the
following error:

chunk 'ad2s1' [-63..156360644] does not start on a track boundary

Here is my info for FDISK before I removed the fat partitian and I think
this is what I am doing wrong. If I remove fat, The overlay software is on
the fat partitian.

OFFSET        SIZE                END                PTYPE        DESC
SUBTYPE
-63                 126                  62                    6
unused         0
63                  156360582     156360644       2                  fat
12
156360645    7308                156367952      6                  unused
0

I am also using the Bootstrap loader 0.8 and FreeBSD 4.5 Release 2

I tried to make them as even as I can so no matter what email program you
are using, I hope that helps. Any chance you can help me with this issue? If
you want to call me, My number is (207) 729-2623 x 401

Thank you for all your time,
William Olson
FreeBSD user