Date:      Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:58:11 +1100
From:      Murray Taylor <murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>
To:        James Long <james_mapson@umpquanet.com>
Cc:        freebsdquestions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Port for Motorola cell phones (V60c)?

comms/gsmlib may do the trick...
it uses the basic ETSI GSM AT commands
and has a phonebook app

mjt

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 14:41, James Long wrote:
> I've been searching the ports tree and the freebsd.org site for anything
> similar to gnokii or scmxx, but for Motorola phones, ideally the V60c.
>
> I haven't found anything.  Is there a port which will allow me to upload
> and download my phone's address book, settings, etc.?  I'd rather not
> have to dust of my Windoze machine just to back up my phone's address
> book.
>
> Failing that, I'm considering a phone upgrade, and would appreciate
> testimonials from those who have phones which do have a port that supports
> it.
>
> Thanks in advance!

> This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.
Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer
---------------------------------
Bytecraft Systems & Entertainment
P: +61 3 8710 2555
F: +61 3 8710 2599
D: +61 3 9238 4275
M: +61 417 319 256
E: murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com
or visit us on the web
http://www.bytecraftsystems.com
http://www.bytecraftentertainment.com

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.

This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.