Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:39:44 +0000
From:      "Elfar Aðalsteinn Ingvarsson" <elfar@landspitali.is>
To:        kde@mail.kde.org, newbie@xfree86.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kde Slowing down.

Hello

Im having some trouble with kde2.2 The description follows

When I start Xfree the server it self start normaly and quickly with no
errors reported in
the log. When kde loads up it takes a long time initialising, starting with
system services wich takes the computer about 2 miniuts. The it loads
everything else
quickly but stops with a gray screen during this time I can see almost no
disk access
being performed, this goes on for a few minuits ( 4 or so ). After that
everything loads
up and works fine except when I use a program that browses. When I start
the disk
browser it takes a few minuits to start and when I start the browsing
function in other
programs the same happens. There arent any coredumps. And I have rebuilt
kde.

the computer has
pentium3 750 Mhz
256 megabytes of ram
three seperate udma 66 disks
and a matrox g400 32MB
Running freebsd 4.4-rc
Xfree86-4.1 with kde 2.2

is there somone hwo can give me any hints